Vessel Type: Luxury Expedition
Length: 108 meters
Passenger Capacity: 148 (single & twin cabins)
Built / Refurbished: 1982 / 2008
National Geographic Explorer is a state-of-the-art expedition ship. It is a fully stabilized, ice-class vessel, enabling it to navigate polar passages while providing exceptional comfort. It carries kayaks and a fleet of Zodiac landing craft. An Undersea Specialist operates a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) and sophisticated video equipment, extending access to the underwater world.
Public areas: Bistro Bar; Chart Room; Restaurant; Global Gallery; Library, Lounge with full service bar and state-of-the-art facilities for films, slideshows and presentations; Mud Room with lockers for expedition gear, and Observation Lounge. Our “Open Bridge” provides guests an opportunity to meet our Officers and Captain and learn about navigation.
Meals: Served in single seatings with unassigned tables for an informal atmosphere and easy mingling. Menu is international with local flair.
Cabins: All cabins face outside with windows or portholes, private facilities and climate controls.
Expedition Equipment: Zodiac landing craft, kayaks, Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV), hydrophone, SplashCam, underwater video camera, Crow’s Nest remote controlled camera, video microscope, snorkeling gear.
Special Features: A full-time doctor, Undersea Specialist, LEX Photo Specialist and Video Chronicler, Internet Cafe and laundry.
Wellness: The vessel is staffed by two Wellness Specialists and features a glass enclosed Fitness Center, outdoor stretching area, two LEXspa treatment rooms and Sauna.
Norway’s Fjords Post-Extension. From (5850.00 AUD)
The rich landscapes of southern Norway, including Sognefjord—the longest and deepest fjord in Norway—are the ideal addition to your expedition. Thundering waterfalls and snowy peaks offer wonderful photo ops. NOTE: On some voyages, this extension runs in a reverse direction (Oslo to Bergen). Please contact an Expedition Specialist for more information.
Scotland Pre-Voyage Extension. From (8670.00 AUD)
Before you depart for your Ancient Isles: England, Ireland, and Scotland expedition, choose to add on time in Scotland first, and experience all the mainland has to offer. Over the course of 4 days discover ancient history and UNESCO sites in the Highlands, scenic drives through enchanting green landscapes, and modern towns with colorful pasts.
Bergen, Norway Post-Voyage Extension. From (1490.00 AUD)
A once bustling seaport town nestled amongst the fjords of southwestern Norway, Bergen has been revitalized as an amazing look back into the medieval times and the Hanseatic League that once dominated this harbor town. The colorful wooden clapboard commercial buildings that line the old wharf are just one of many picturesque backdrops to our tour of this historic city.
• COMBINING OFFERS. Certain offers may be combinable, up to two savings opportunities, except where noted otherwise. For example, travel with a group of 8 or more on back-to-back expeditions, and take advantage of both savings.
• BRINGING THE KIDS. We believe sharing an expedition with your kids or grandkids is a life-enhancing experience. So take $500 off for each child under the age of 18.
• BACK-TO-BACK SAVINGS. Save 10% on any consecutive journeys taken on board one of our expedition ships. This savings is applicable on voyage fares only, and are not valid on extensions or airfare.
• FREE BAR TAB AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED. We will cover your bar tab and all tips for the crew on all National Geographic Resolution, National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Endurance, and National Geographic Orion voyages.
• TRAVELING AS A GROUP. Save 5% when traveling as a group of 8 or more people. Take advantage of these great savings, while enjoying traveling with your friends and family. This savings is applicable to voyage fares only, and is not valid on extensions or airfare. Deposit, final payments, and cancellation policies for group travel vary from our regular policies.
or call us on
0800 945 3327
1800 107 715
to help you make your reservation