Confirmation / Deposit
Upon receipt of your booking, we will endeavour to book the tours or travel services requested by you as soon as possible and will then send you a Confirmation Invoice. You must then send us a deposit of 25% of the invoiced amount within 7 days. If bookings are made within 90 days of your date of travel, full payment must be sent immediately, and certainly within 7 days of Invoice date.
Notes: These deadlines may be brought forward/increased depending on conditions of our operators or service suppliers. You must forward any medical questionnaires & contracts required by our operators & suppliers along with your deposit payment. Payment of the required deposit is considered your acceptance of our standard Terms and Conditions.
2. Residual Payment Full payment must be received by Wild Earth Travel for all bookings no later than 120 days prior to the commencement of travel (eg. the tour start date). If full payment has not been received by these due dates, then Wild Earth Travel reserves the right to cancel all travel services for the booking in question without further notice to the client. Provided full payment is received by this time, Wild Earth Travel shall take all steps necessary to reconfirm and verify all reservations in advance of the date of travel, as may be required by our operators & service suppliers.
3. Late & Minimum Bookings If bookings are made 15 days or less prior to the date of travel, then a Late Booking Fee of NZ$250 per file will be charged to offset administration costs. If the total invoiced amount of a client’s booking is less than NZ$300, then a Minimum Booking Fee of NZ$50 per file will be charged to offset administration costs.
4. Amendments (prior to date of travel) Within 60 days of date of travel, amendments to confirmed reservations will be handled on a request basis. An amendment fee of NZ$100 will be charged per amendment, plus any fees imposed by our operators & service suppliers. No amendments are permitted within 15 days of date of travel, or cancellation fees will apply.
5. Cancellations Cancellations must be notified in writing to Wild Earth Travel. Subsequent to cancellation, Wild Earth Travel will acknowledge to the client when all reservations have been cancelled and will refund monies to the client, less the following cancellation charges;
Any cancellation received outside 120 days prior to date of travel, cancellation fee will be the deposit, plus any fees charged by our operators & service suppliers and a service charge of NZ$500 per file. Subsequent fees will be charged as follows;
120-91 days - 50% of invoice total;
less than 90 days - 100% of invoice total.
The above figures are given as a guideline. Actual cancellation fees may vary due to the level of charges passed on by our operators & suppliers, and due to irregular business conditions (eg. High Season special rates / cancellation rules). Any special conditions should be advised at time of booking.
Note: Upon commencement of travel, 100% cancellation fees will apply for clients not utilising any travel arrangements, or for any no-shows – ie. No refunds will be available for any unused services. In some cases, clients may be able to transfer their booking to another departure date, but this will depend on availability, the nearness of the date of travel and on the conditions of our operators & suppliers. An administration fee may be charged in such circumstances.
6. Price changes Wild Earth Travel reserves the right to increase prices up to 20 days before the date of travel due to surcharges in supplier tariffs, transportation costs, fuel prices, currency fluctuations, local government rates & taxes. If the resultant price increase is 10% or greater, the client may cancel the booking within 14 days of our written notification of the surcharge and obtain a full refund.
7. Insurance It is the responsibility of all booked clients to obtain travel insurance to cover personal injury, medical expenses, third party risk, baggage loss / damage, and the cancellation / curtailment of travel. It is also recommended that insurance coverage be extended to include medical evacuation and / or repatriation. (On some tours this is compulsory). The cost of these can be high, especially from remote locations and will in no way be the responsibility of Wild Earth Travel. When obtaining insurance from a source other than Wild Earth Travel, the Client must ensure that the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken.
8. Travel Documents It is the responsibility of all booked clients to be in possession of all necessary travel documents, including a valid passport, visas, health / vaccination certificates and import licences. Clients should also make themselves aware of any official travel advice regarding their destination. Wild Earth Travel will not be responsible for any loss, of travel or otherwise, due to the client’s lack of information on restrictions / prohibitions imposed by governments, airlines or any other official organisation.
9. Health It is the responsibility of all booked clients to advise Wild Earth Travel of any health impairments, medical conditions or disabilities that might affect their ability to proceed with their travel. In certain cases, clients may be required to complete a medical questionnaire for Wild Earth Travel or any of its suppliers. We reserve the right to decline any client should their health, actions or behaviour affect the operation of tours or harm the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other clients.
10. Responsibility All services advertised by Wild Earth Travel are organised by us or our appointed suppliers. Wild Earth Travel, its affiliated companies and/or associated agents shall not be held responsible for any liability of property loss or damage and/or any damages resulting from illness, personal injuries or death which may be sustained for reason of, or while engaged on any tour, whether due to the ownership, maintenance, use, operation or control of any aircraft, vehicle, vessel or otherwise or whether caused by failure or delay or by any transportation company, due to any cause whatsoever including any acts or omissions occurring during a tour under which the means of transportation or other service provided thereby is offered or supplied by its owners, operators or public carriers for whom Wild Earth Travel acts only as an agent. Wild Earth Travel shall not be held responsible for any injury resulting to a person (whether or not resulting in death) or damage to property arising out of any act of war, insurrection, revolt or other civil uprising or other military action, Acts of God, weather or any other circumstances over which Wild Earth Travel has no control, occurring in either the country of origin, destination or through passage. The transportation companies concerned are not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time the passengers are not onboard their carriers or conveyances. The passenger contract in use by the carriers concerned, when issued, shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation companies and the purchasers of these expeditions and/or passengers. If our suppliers/agents are able to exclude or limit liability by virtue of any international convention we will claim the benefit of that exclusion or limitation.
11. Data Protection Wild Earth Travel will store and use the personal data supplied by clients on their booking forms for the purposes of fulfilling the contract between us. We will never pass on your information to third parties, other than to fulfil the contract between us, without your written permission. We will also use the information to keep you informed of our services and any special deals which we think may be of interest to you. Please inform us at the time of booking if you do not wish us to use your information in such ways.
12. Successors and Assigns These terms and conditions shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon Wild Earth Travel and the Client and their respective heirs, legal personal representatives, successors and assigns.
13. Errors and Omissions Although Wild Earth Travel has made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made herein, it cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may appear in its brochures.
14. Claims and Complaints If dissatisfied with the travel services being provided, clients should immediately advise Wild Earth Travel or its local representative, preferably in writing. In such circumstances, we / they will do our / their utmost to rectify the matter. If an immediate solution cannot be found, clients should obtain written reports or other evidence to support their complaint and present these to the agent who booked their trip, who will then contact Wild Earth Travel. Such complaints must be made within 30 days of the end of the tour. Wild Earth Travel will not accept any liability for claims received after this period.
15. Applicable Law and Choice of Forum This agreement shall be governed by New Zealand Law. Each party hereto irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts in respect of any action or proceeding relating in any way to this agreement.