Vessel Type: Ice-Strengthened Expedition Vessel
Length: 41.8 m
Passenger Capacity: 12
Introducing MV Vikingfjord, a new ice-strengthened expedition vessel for 12 guests with great environmental credentials. MV Vikingfjord enters service in Svalbard for low impact expeditions in May 2023. She offers cruise ship comfort on a small ship with 9 ensuite cabins, an open plan saloon with rear facing windows, and on on deck hot tub and sauna.
What we love about Vikingfjord
• The most environmentally friendly small ship in the polar regions with a 95% reduction in NOX emissions.
• Large, open plan saloon and comfortable lounge located at the stern with sofas and large rear facing windows to enjoy the view.
• 9 Spacious cabins with modern decor, comfortable beds and ensuite bathrooms with a choice between doubles, twins or singles.
• Enjoy a sauna or outdoor hot tub on the upper deck.
• Lounge area on the bridge with a great view.
• Ice strengthened hull with 1B rating for exploring the polar regions.
MV Vikingfjord Key Features:
• New energy efficient engine and NOX cleaning fitted in 2022 offering the best environmental credentials.
• Rebuilt from the ground up in 2022 as a modern expedition vessel offering cruise ship comfort.
• Accommodates 12 guests in 9 ensuite cabins with windows that are all situated above the waterline.
• Modern interior finished to a high standard in 2023.
• Equipped with 2 x Zodiac landing crafts for shore landings
• Fully staffed with experienced captain, crew and expedition leaders.
• Large open plan guest area with lounge, dining and seating area located at the stern. Equipped with TV for presentations, mini bar and hot drink service.
• Observation lounge area with seating area on the bridge.
• Spacious cabins with ensuite toilet and shower.
• Large mudroom and storage spaces for skis, and equipment.
• Outdoor hot tub and sauna with a view on Deck 2.
• Large viewing area on the bow.
• 4 open decks for lots of viewing options.
• Accessible bow deck.