Experience culture and ancient wonders from Greece to the Dalmatian Coast aboard the legendary tall ship Sea Cloud. It is the perfect symmetry: tall ship sailing in historic waters. Discover Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic games. Wander the medieval market in Krujë, Albania’s ancient capital. Drive to the top of Montenegro’s fjord for staggering views. In Croatia, explore Dubrovnik’s Old Town and enjoy a performance of klapa singing. At Korčula, stroll the waterfront cafes and see a traditional sword dance. Hvar is a stunning coastal town, backed by lavender fields and pine-covered hills. Leisurely stroll among key sites, or hike up to Hvar’s citadel. Learn firsthand about contemporary life along these historic shores. Experience something many people don’t know exists in the 21st century—the thrill of life under sail on the Dalmatian Coast—in a region where the ancients sailed millennia ago.
• Discover the romance of life aboard a hand-sailed tall ship in the waters of the Aegean, Ionian, and Adriatic Seas
• Step back in history at four UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the evocative ruins of Olympia, Greece, and Albania’s historic city of Butrint
• Skim across Montenegro’s Gulf of Kotor to Our Lady of the Rocks, a tiny islet built of rocks from the mainland and sunken fishing boats
• Spend a day among the marble-paved lanes and ramparts of Dubrovnik’s Old Town
• Stand on deck and watch the orchestrated frenzy of crew members go aloft in the web of Sea Cloud’s riggings to handset 30 sails
• Explore Split, Trogir & Mostar on a three-day voyage extension and Athens on a two-day voyage extension
Arrive in Athens. Transfer to Piraeus and settle
into your cabin aboard the elegant Sea Cloud. (D)
Round the southern coast of the Peloponnesus
peninsula, enjoying a full day of sailing. Watch the
crew hoist Sea Cloud’s many sails by hand. Relax
with a book on deck, photograph our yacht, and
attend talks by our expedition team. (B,L,D)
Dock in Katákolo and travel to the ancient site of
Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games. Visit
the legendary ruins of this UNESCO World
Heritage Site, the Olympic Stadium, and the
superb Archaeological Museum. (B,L,D)
Sail this morning to Ithaca (Itháki), home to
Odysseus. The island remains somewhat isolated
and retains the sense of adventure associated
with Homer’s hero. Visit gems of Ionian villages
and explore sites that link to the era described in
the epic poems. (B,L,D)
Cut off from the world for 50 years by its Stalinist
dictator, Albania is now feeling its way into the
21st century. Explore the ancient city of Butrint, a
UNESCO Site, and return to Sarandë along the
Ksamil peninsula, overlooking the Straits of Corfu.
Set sail in the afternoon. (B,L,D)
Drive to the ancient capital of Krujë, and visit the
medieval market and Ethnographic Museum. Also
visit the Skanderbeg Museum, dedicated to
Albania’s national hero. Take in a stirring folkloric
Sail into Montenegro via the magnificent Gulf of
Kotor. Stop at the historic town of Perast before
taking a local boat to the islet of Gospa od
Škrpjela, or Our Lady of the Rocks. Steeped in
lore, the tiny islet was created by fishermen
dropping rocks from their rowboats. Explore
medieval Kotor this afternoon, or drive up 25
serpentine switchbacks to the top of the fjord.
Known as the “pearl of the Adriatic,” Dubrovnik is
regarded as one of the best-preserved medieval
towns in the world. Spend the day exploring the
marvelous old town, a UNESCO World Heritage
Site, and enjoy a private performance of traditional
Croatian klapa music. (B,L,D)
Anchor at the island port of Korčula, one of the
most beautiful medieval towns in the Balkans. Visit
the town’s sites, and see the house believed by some to be Marco Polo’s birthplace. Later, take
some time to enjoy the waterfront. (B,L,D)
At the height of Venetian rule, Hvar was the
region’s most prosperous center. Take a walk
along the marbled waterfront and the grand central
square. Visit the arsenal and Croatia’s oldest
active theater, and if you choose, hike up to the
dramatically located citadel. (B,L,D)
Disembark this morning and transfer to the airport
for your return flight. (B)
Itineraries are subject to change.
14 September, 2024 to 24 September, 2024
Please contact Wild Earth for alternative options or to waitlist.
Vessel Type: Tall Ship (Sailing)
Length: 109 metres
Passenger Capacity: 64
Built / refurbished: 1931 / 2011
Sea Cloud is a ship with a soul, imbued by the original owners, Marjorie Merriweather Post and her husband E.F. Hutton in the 1930’s. The ship has played host to royalty, known service in wartime, and sailed the world over. She is a vessel of incomparable grace that harks back to the golden age of ship travel. Once you’ve been on Sea Cloud under full sail, you’ll begin your own love affair.
Welcome aboard a legend
Sea Cloud accommodates 58 guests in 28 outside cabins including two original owner’s suites that still feature original marble baths and fireplaces. At 360 feet she is an expansive ship with extensive public spaces on the top deck, where we luxuriate in deck chairs and watch the crew of 18 go aloft in the web of riggings to hand-set her 30 sails. Her dining room is hung with marine oil paintings of the period and accommodates all guests at once for a single seating. We’ll gather in the lounge each evening for Recap. Life aboard is a uniquely pleasing mix of elegance and informality—a return to the golden age of sailing in shorts and deck shoes. You’ll find all shipboard services impeccable.
Discover the romance of tall ship sailing
Experience something many people don’t know exists in the 21st century—the romance of life under square sails. Discover the thrill of standing on deck as Sea Cloud gently glides through the water, her crew aloft in the riggings, running out and reefing sails. Settle in to your favorite areas on the top deck and bask in the incomparable experience of traveling aboard the finest tall ship to ever sail the seas. Lose yourself in an adventure that, in this day and age, is almost unimaginable.
Please note deck and suite plans are indicative only and may vary slightly.
• FREE BAR TAB AND CREW TIPS INCLUDED. Travel aboard any Sea Cloud departure and we will cover your bar tab and all tips for the crew.
• TRAVELING AS A GROUP. Save 5% when traveling as a group of 8 or more people. Take advantage of these great savings, while enjoying traveling with your friends and family. This savings is applicable to voyage fares only, and is not valid on extensions or airfare. Deposit, final payments, and cancellation policies for group travel vary from our regular policies.
• COMBINING OFFERS. Certain offers may be combinable, up to two savings opportunities, except where noted otherwise. For example, travel with a group of 8 or more on back-to-back expeditions, and take advantage of both savings.
• BACK-TO-BACK SAVINGS. Save 10% on any consecutive journeys taken on board one of our expedition ships. This savings is applicable on voyage fares only, and are not valid on extensions or airfare.
• Excursions, hotels, and airport transfers, as indicated in the itinerary
• Selection of exploration tools curated to your destination, such as Zodiacs and glass-bottom boats, stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, snorkeling equipment (including wetsuits, masks, and fins), and other state-of-the-art gear
• Guidance and company of our leading expedition staff
• All meals as indicated in the itinerary, both aboard and onshore. Meals are inspired by regional cuisine and locally sourced where possible.
• Hors d’oeuvres inspired by regional cuisine and locally sourced where possible
• 24-hour access to snacks, premium coffees and teas, non-alcoholic beverages, and filtered water
• Beer, wine, cocktails, and spirits aboard the NG Endurance, NG Resolution, NG Explorer, NG Orion, NG Endeavour II, NG Islander II, Sea Cloud, Sea Cloud II, Lord of the Glens, and The Jahan. We are also pleased to offer a selection of super premium wines and liquors, available for purchase.
• Beer and wine on all 2023 departures aboard NG Venture, NG Quest, NG Sea Bird, and NG Sea Lion, and specialty cocktails with meals aboard Delfin ll. Starting in 2024, spirits and cocktails are also included aboard these ships, with super premium wines and liquors available for purchase.
• Crew gratuities aboard NG Endurance, NG Resolution, NG Explorer, NG Orion, Sea Cloud, Sea Cloud II, Lord of the Glens, Oberoi Philae, and The Jahan
• Free Wi-Fi aboard Lord of the Glens and The Jahan.
• Free Wi-Fi, up to one hour a day per person, aboard NG Islander II and NG Endeavour II
• Lindblad Expeditions is currently activating Starlink-enabled internet on each of our ships, enabling us to offer free Wi-Fi—in addition to paid tiers for faster internet speeds—to all of our guests fleetwide by the end of 2023.
• Presentations on your destination by expedition staff and expert guest speakers
• Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
• The services of a physician, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner, or paramedic
• Morning stretch classes and 24-hour access to exercise equipment where available
• 24-hour access to lounges, observation decks, library stocked with regionally relevant literature, and other shared spaces
• Complimentary Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic parka or jacket on select Arctic and Antarctic voyages
• Assistance by the onboard NG Photography Expert (NG Endurance, NG Explorer, NG Orion, NG Resolution) and Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic certified photo instructor (all ships)
• Access to the OM System Photo Gear Locker with the latest gear to try out on loan (all Lindblad-National Geographic ships except in Galapagos)
• Park and site entrance fees, special access permits, and port taxes
• Airfare (except flights when indicated as included), pre- and post-expedition extensions, additional hotel nights, and private transfers
• Travel protection plans and passport, visa, and immigration fees
• Laundry, spa treatments, scuba diving, Wi-Fi, and phone services (except when indicated as included)
• Crew gratuities aboard NG Endeavour II, NG Islander II, NG Venture, NG Quest, NG Sea Bird, NG Sea Lion, and Delfin II