Vessel Type: Comfortable Expedition
Length: 90 metres
Passenger Capacity: 118
Built / refurbished: 1975 / 1998 / 2017 - re-named to the Ocean Adventurer in June 2017
Ocean Adventurer is designed to carry 132 travelers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world. Originally built in Yugoslavia in 1976, this nimble, ice-strengthened ship has become a passenger favourite over the years and underwent refurbishments in 1999 and 2002 with the most significant being in 2017.
With the latest rounds of refurbishments guests will enjoy:
• A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship.
• The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites.
• All existing cabins will be furnished with all new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms.
• Main common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room will be remodeled as well as the Bar.
• Major technical enhancements – include two new Rolls Royce engines, which will significantly increase fuel efficiency and minimized carbon footprint.
Vessel Type: Expedition Ship
Length: 126 metres
Passenger Capacity: 176
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only will it be among our fastest ships, it will also be one of our finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
The personal space is exceptional. Every cabin has either a private walk-out or Juliet balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge for quiet contemplation and full skyline views, the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat, and the library for more intimate relaxing and reading. Presentations and discussions are facilitated in a dedicated lecture theatre.
Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers. For the active adventurers, add-ons include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddleboarding.
Blending high design with total functionality, World Explorer is all set to be your home away from home on the seas.
- All cabins have exterior views and private bathroom facilities
- TV and safe in every cabin
- Individual temperature controls
- Electrical supply: 220v
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender serving a selection of soft drinks, juices, liquors, spirits, beer and wine, which can be charged to your shipboard account
- Comfortable lounge area for reading or relaxing with a cup of coffee
- Observation decks for spotting wildlife and enjoying the ever-changing polar landscape
- Polar library stocked with a large collection of polar books, and games
- Pool & sauna
- Spa facilities and wellness program
- Lecture theatre
- Polar Boutique
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email and wireless Internet access
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Kayaking (additional charge)
- Camping (additional charge)
- Standup Paddleboarding (additional charge)
Optional Tours & Excursions Available. Please Contact Us for More Details.
Positioning yourself in the seat of a kayak is one of the most intimate ways travelers can connect with the polar regions—at water level, up close, where you can touch and feel every polar sensation imaginable. The Sea Kayak Program enables a small group of like-minded individuals to forge bonds as they explore fjords, glacial faces or mazes of sea ice.
Every sweep of the paddle as your craft glides through the pristine polar waters creates an incredible soundtrack: the jostle of glacial ice, the lapping of waves against the rocky shore, the perpetual drip from your paddle, the call of seabirds, and the occasional splash as wildlife break the surface of the water.
Would you like to learn about our current promotions? Get in touch to learn more! We have special offers available for Antarctica and Arctic cruises!