The most magical way to spend the holiday season, discover the great white continent’s striking shores and endless vistas. Enjoy time exploring the abundant wildlife and rich biodiversity of the seas as you experience the last wild place on earth. Our team ensures that the spirit on board the ship is festive and fun!
• CITIZEN SCIENCE. There’s important work being done every day, at some of the most renowned climate research facilities around the world, to record and study the incredible changes happening in remote places like Antarctica. As you might imagine, gathering critical on-site data on a regular basis would be a virtually impossible task for these groups. So we do it for them, in partnership with research facilities like NASA and the Scripps Institute. If you’d like to get a first-hand look at how climate change is impacting our birds, sea life, glaciers, oceans, and weather patterns, and help scientists better understand our evolving planet, you’re welcome to join our Citizen Science program. And don’t let the word “science” scare you. We make it informative, interactive, and fun.
• PHOTOGRAPHY THAT ASTOUNDS. Whatever your level of experience, and whatever camera you happen to carry, our award-winning photography coaches will help you bring home images that capture the unparalleled natural beauty and sheer magic of your Antarctica adventure. On every voyage, a dedicated photography coach will be at your disposal with invaluable tips and advice on how to capture the natural beauty of this unique landscape and all that inhabit it – in the unique light and weather conditions that can make Antarctica both special and challenging to photography lovers of all skill sets.
No need to stress about missed connections or flight delays as you arrive with plenty of time to unwind and enjoy the beautiful Arakur Resort & Spa or spend time discovering the southernmost city in the world, Ushuaia.
Explore the sights of Ushuaia such as the museums and Argentinean leather markets or continue relaxing at the hotel. Attend the optional evening briefing for the opportunity to ask questions and meet some of your fellow travelers.
Spend your morning exploring Ushuaia or unwinding at the resort until our mid-afternoon transfer to the ship. Our Expedition Team and ship staff will greet you on board, followed by a safety and orientation briefing and Captain’s welcome dinner.
Join our Polar Experts as they teach you about everything Antarctic, from wildlife to history; participate in our renowned Citizen Science program; or sit back and take in this fabled journey while catching exciting glimpses of wildlife. Grab your binoculars to identify the many seabirds that follow the ship as we cross the Antarctic Convergence into Antarctic waters and noticeably cooler temperatures.
The volcanic South Shetland Islands offer amazing abundance and beauty, the perfect place to spend a memorable Christmas Day! We’ll hop into our inflatable Zodiac boats and spend as much time as possible exploring. Be prepared to marvel up close at nature’s glory.
Here we’ll explore any number of picturesque bays and famed harbors, maneuvering through majestic channels as we travel the wildlife-rich waters. There are great opportunities to stop at several active scientific bases and historic landing sites as we spot numerous species of penguins, seals, and whales along the rugged coastlines and in the sea.
We leave this magical place and make our way north, once again crossing the legendary Drake Passage. We have one last hurrah as we celebrate New Year’s Eve at the bottom of the earth and conclude our expedition with a special slideshow and a final meal together.
With huge smiles on weary, content faces, we disembark in the morning, letting you catch a flight to Buenos Aires or stay in Ushuaia for more sights and adventure.
Itineraries are subject to change.
19 December, 2022 to 31 December, 2022
Save up to
Vessel Type: Luxury Small Ship
Length: 90 metres
Passenger Capacity: 116
Built / refurbished: 1992 / 2010 / 2017
Sister ship to Hebridean Sky. Island Sky and Hebridean Sky are truly sisters. Built in the same Italian Shipyard, both boast spacious, well-appointed suites, stylish common areas, and redundant core technology that allows them to operate smoothly, even under the most challenging of conditions. Both ships are all-suite, all-inclusive small expedition vessels with touches of elegance throughout. The Island Sky is scheduled for additional upgrades in 2017, including the addition of tinted sliding glass doors to all cabins on the Promenade Deck.
Complimentary Wine or Beer with Dinner
Complimentary Coffee/Tea station
On-board MD and Facilities
Dedicated Passenger Service Manager
Pre-voyage hotel night
Complimentary Expedition Jacket
Elevator serving all passenger decks
Upgraded WIFI Internet
Library with computers
Panoramic Top Deck Observation Platform
Bar/Lounge with Live Entertainment
Lounge with Audiovisual Facilities
DVD Movie Library
Tinted sliding glass doors in all cabins on the Promenade Deck
Great expeditions require great food! Our team of world-class chefs offer breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that change daily. They have boat-loads of creativity, so you are sure to experience a variety of remarkable cuisine throughout your voyage.
All Suites Feature:
Your choice of queen-sized or two twin-sized beds
Sitting area with sofa and side chair
Flat Screen TV with DVD/CD player
Independent temperature controls
Marble-appointed bathroom with fine toiletries
220 square feet or more
Sofa can be converted to bed for third person
PLEASE NOTE - DECK PLANS CAN VARY.
Early Booking Discount
BOOKINGS UNDER DEPOSIT FEB 1 – JUNE 30, 2021: 10% EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT. Terms and Conditions apply, special offer is subject to availability, please contact us for more details.
• Two nights pre-voyage hotel accommodation as per the itinerary (NOTE: Select voyages have 1 night pre-voyage and 1 night post-voyage accommodation as per specific trip inclusions/itinerary)
• Group arrival transfer for airport to hotel on day 1 (For preferred flights only) NOTE: Flight itinerary must be received 100 days prior to departure.
• Group transfer from hotel to ship on embarkation day
• Voyage in selected cabin category
• All scheduled landings and shore excursions as per the itinerary
• All meals while on board the ship
• Coffee and tea while on board
• Expedition parka to keep
• Rubber boots for use throughout the voyage
• Wifi on public computers in library
• 200MB Wi-fi card for use on personal devices
• Daily international news service
• Port charges and taxes
• Group transfer from ship to airport or central location on disembarkation unless specified in itinerary
• Digital voyage log
• 2020/21 Season ONLY;
House Wine, Beer and soft drink with dinner
• 2021/22 season ONLY;
House Alcoholic drinks and non-alcoholic drinks
• International and domestic arifares
• Travel insurance including mandatory medical evacutation cover
• Transfer from airport to hotel for guests not arriving on day 1 of the itinerary
• Meals while not on board the ship unless specified in the itinerary
• Any items of a personal nature including medical costs incured on board
• Onboard communication including wifi use over included 200MB
• Optional excursions (EG kayaking or camping where available)