Vessel Type: River Boat
Lenght: 38 meters
Passenger Capacity: 24
ABN Charaidew is a 38m-long, twin-engined, steel hulled passenger boat. She was completely stripped down and rebuilt in 2003 to provide 10 twin-bedded and 2 double-bedded cabins with en-suite shower and W.C.
The grand old lady of our fleet, she makes up in character what she lacks in twenty-first century glitz.
The polished brass engine room telegraph and enormous ship’s wheel bear witness to her heritage. All cabin accommodation is on the upper deck, as is a bar and saloon opening onto a front deck. A dining room with full-length opening glass doors on each side is on the lower deck, while a large top sundeck offers additional comfortable open-air seating in shade or sun.
Local handloom fabrics specially woven for us and comfortable cane sofas and chairs contribute to the attractive decor.
* Spacious cabins with individual climate control
* En suite shower/WC with Biotique toiletries
* Generous cupboard space and under-bed storage
* Hair drier in each cabin
* High quality linens
* Large sliding glass windows offering panoramic views of the river
* Vast sundeck both open and shaded, with sunloungers or steamer chairs.
* Shore excursion programme including all admissions
* Naturalist onboard the vessel
* Cold towel service after excursions
* Welcome drink after excursions
* Shoe-cleaning after excursions
* Turndown service in all cabins
* Expertly trained culinary staff
* Single seating for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
* Acclaimed combination of Indian & Western cuisines
* Wide choice of wines, spirits & beer
* Complimentary tea, coffee & mineral water throughout
* Welcome reception
* Farewell reception
* Local on-board dance & song performances.